Caffeine is the most widely used psychoactive drug, stimulant, and pick-me-up drink. One of the most coveted ingredients in the world, its benefits totally outweigh its side effects, especially when taken in healthy doses. Check out below why it’s stuck around for thousands of years.
What Is Caffeine?
- Caffeine is the most widely used psychoactive drug. It is legal and unregulated in nearly all parts of the world.
- Caffeine is a stimulant that people consume to increase wakefulness, improve concentration, and focus.
- It induces a feeling of alertness and activity by reducing tiredness.
- Caffeine is usually ingested as a drink such as coffee or tea, and to some extent, chocolate, taking effect within 20 minutes it gets through the stomach, to the bloodstream.
- The secret to caffeine is its function as an Adenosine blocker. Adenosine is a neurotransmitter responsible for making you feel tired, causing you to feel sleepy. Caffeine works by connecting to this neurotransmitter without activating it.
Why Do We Use Caffeine?
OPTML believes in making the most out of every beneficial ingredient out there, combining herbs and naturally-sourced components to make products that will help you reach your potential. Caffeine may be a common substance in the market, but our products stand out because we make sure to give you it’s focus-enhancing and energy-boosting effects without the crash.
Caffeine has, for thousands of years, proven its value as an energizer. Since then, scientists have been unearthing more reasons why it still takes the top seat in the most sought-after health foods. Not only does it help with alertness and energy, but it’s also been proven to aid in metabolism, weight-gain prevention, mood-enhancement, and many others.
OPTML Products That Contain Caffeine
Fun Facts About Caffeine
- Caffeine in plants acts as a natural pesticide and herbicide
- Caffeine is found in more than 60 plants
- Caffeine only takes a few minutes to take effect in the body
- Contrary to popular belief, caffeine as a chemical substance was actually first extracted from cacao beans.
- Besides acting as a stimulant, caffeine can also be used to relieve migraines and minor headaches.